Monday, November 28, 2005

WEB DESIGN
New Accessibility Guidelines Published by the W3C

The World Wide Web Consortium (or W3C), an organization of Internet technology researchers whose goal is to develop the Web to its full potential, published November 24th in Spain working drafts of its Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, HTML Techniques for WCAG 2.0 and Understanding WCAG 2.0. Web accessibility makes it possible for everyone, including visually-challenged individuals, to enjoy all the benefits the Web has to offer.

From the W3C site:


WCAG 2.0 is organized around four design principles for Web accessibility:
1. Content must be perceivable.
2. Interface elements in the content must be operable.
3. Content and controls must be understandable.
4. Content must be robust enough to work with current and future Web technologies

2 comments:

Mike & Erica said...

Hello Elio!
Wasup! I really like your blog i vist it every so often and I have sent it to some people i know. Good work! Elio i also wanted to ask, How do you create pop-up windows for links? I have created my own blog but it does not have the pop-up windows your blog has. Can you please show me how it it is done?

Elio L. Arteaga, MFA said...

Thanks for your comments. I don't really use pop-ups in my blog. A pop-up is written in JavaScript code. Dreamweaver has behavior commands that automatically write the code so when you click a link, it opens a pop-up window without scroll bars or any other features of a browser window, and scaled to a custom size.

I use the target new window attribute in my HTML anchor tag. Right after A HREF="_____", write TARGET="NEW" and when the viewer clicks on the link, it'll open in a new window.